Our soft art paintings are not only unique and special due to their technique, but by the materials they are made of too.
Our soft art paintings are made up mostly and usually entirely of synthetic materials.
Whether the artist is using fibres, strings or felt, they are all produced from recycled plastic bottles. Those materials are manufactured to the textile industry and we have adopted them to our purposes. This makes our work not only eco-friendly, which has it’s obvious added value, but durable as well and makes them low maintenance.
The recycling process always starts by grinding the plastic and then melting it. While the plastic is liquid, the acrylic based paint is added to it and this is how we get such a wide range of colors to use. As you can understand, when we get fibres to the studio, the paint is integrated in the material and this makes the paintings resilient to direct sun-light and time’s harm. Therefore you can have a soft art painting exposed to direct sunlight without the risk of fading. Moreover, you can keep a soft art piece clean very easily. Just hoover it gently once a year of clean it with a wet-wipe. It will never mildew or smudge because of it’s composition. Nowadays when the average person consumes unreasonable amount of packaged products, we produce huge quantities of un-perishable waste. For this reason and to help us help our environment, the recycling industry has been developed. Other than repurposing materials intended for consumerism, there are other options to make good and inventive use for recycled materials-like we do in our studio based in Israel.
Lets get things into proportion:
- we consume 600 million large plastic bottles and 300 million small bottles a year.
- according to a waste survey from 2005, plastic composes 50% of the volume of our waste.
- the weight of plastic products consumed in Israel every year is 450,000 tons.
- from 20 recycled plastic bottles we can create an average size Lesoleil Fine Art Gallery painting.
And a little beyond us:
- in the US they use 2,000,000 plastic bottles every 10 minutes.
- it will take about 700 years to a plastic bottle in a waste ground to start decomposing.
- in 2011, 29% of the used plastic bottles in the US were recycled, 48% of the plastic bottles being used in the EU were recycled and over 50% of the plastic bottles used in Israel were recycled.
- from 10 large plastic bottles you can make one fleece jacket.
If you have any other interesting anecdotes about recycling, we will be happy to hear about it and maybe add it to our list.
Always Recycle !