Gao Feng - Biography
Gao Feng sculpture artist.
Gao Feng was born in 1972, in China Liaoning Province. He graduated in 1996 with a B.A. in department of sculpture from prestigious Luxun Academy of Fine Arts in Shenyang.
He engaged in freelance creating in Beijing from 1996 to 2002.
And then Gao Feng graduated in 2009 with a MFA in department of sculpture in Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University, learnt from Li Xiangqun.
Up to now from 2002, Gao Feng is teaching in department of sculpture in Academy of Fine Arts, Shenyang University.
Experiences of Exhibition:
• Gao Feng’s Exhibition of sculptures 1996 at gallery of Luxun Academy of Fine Arts in Shenyang.
• Memorial Ceremony for Spring (Gao Feng’s exhibition of sculptures) 1998 at gallery of Huang shi cheng yun feng in Beijing .
• Gao Feng’s Exhibition of art works 2003 at the Forbidden Pavilion in Beijing.
• All Living Buddhas Research 2015 at Eleven Gallery in Beijing.
“Where have Laozi been?” 2017 at Shenyang J-Art Gallery
• Thought (exchange exhibition of Tama Art University) 2007 at the gallery of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University.
• A half Acre of Pond 2008 (“From Lausane to Beijing” the Fifth biennial international fiber art exhibition) at the gallery of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University.
• A half Acre of Pond 2009 (the Second China-Korea Youth Artists exchange exhibition) at Korea Culture Institution Stationed in China, Beijing.
• Pagoda 2010 (“From Lausane to Beijing” the Sixth biennial international fiber art exhibition) at Henan Gallery.
• Jen-Chien Tzu-hua 2011(the Second Annual North Sculpture Exhibition) at the gallery of Luxun Academy of Fine Arts, in Shenyang.
• Paris Autumn Salon Exhibition, 2014, in Paris, France.
• Paris Autumn Salon Exhibition, 2015, in Paris, France.
• 2015 France Besancon plastic arts biennial Exhibition, in Besancon, France.
• Otherwhere 2016 (China-France Artists Associated Exhibition) at the gallery of gan le a she, in Taiwan.
“RushingFlow” Works Description:
I am a sculptor from China, and my work is naturally flowing with the blood of China.
This “rushing flow” is my impromptu creation of touching scenery, which takes about a month.
To coincidence, that day I and my son are playing at White rock Beach, picked up a lot of driftwood back, as a sculptor I was attracted by their different shapes, They come from? What kind of wood? What have they all experienced? How are they drifting here? ... My God, I have no way of knowing so many questions, just like we humans and each one has its own story and dream ... I decided at that time to create a horse with them because it could carry my dreams and passions , There is an idiom in China, with dreams and horses everywhere ... There is an episode in the creation process, the horse’s right foreleg is the ground, this is a more traditional approach, but I think as a work of art to break the reality , So I let my son lift my horse’s right foreleg, and I stand in the distance and look it over ... perfect, I also took a picture of my son by the way, as a new life in Vancouver The first step to verify it ... So the horse became a way to play four kicked vacancies, which happens to coincide with China’s “horse riding Chebi” can be described as God willing so ... ...
Thank Vancouver, thanks to White rock, thanks to nature ... Of course, thanks my son, would also like to ride this horse to a place where it is longing for.
2010 “Bull”, CHINA GUARDIAN AUCTIONSCO.,LTD, Spring auctions, Private Collection2011 “White elephant into the dream”, CHINA. BEIJING ART MUSEUM, Private Collection
2012 “The world has been changed”, CHINA GUARDIAN AUCTIONSCO.,LTD, Spring Auction, Private Collection
2013 “Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism”, CHINA GUARDIAN AUCTIONSCO.,LTD, Autumn Auction, Private Collection
2014 “The spring water” “Love the freedom of own”, CHINA RONGBAO, AUCTIONSCO.,LTD, Spring Auction, Private Collection
2014 “Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism” “Love the freedom of own”, MALAYSIA ART EXPO, Private Collection
2015 “Think dangerous when you are safe “, CHINA GUARDIAN AUCTIONSCO.,LTD, Autumn Auctions, Private Collection
2015 “Human Buddhism study”, FRANCE PARIS AUTUMN SALON, Private Collection
2016 “Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism”, VANCOUVER ART EXPO, Private Collection
2016 “Solo Guqin”, “White elephant into the dream” “Grazing clouds”, MALAYSIA ART EXPO, Private Collection
2016 “Water Lotus”, CHINA SHENZHEN ART EXPO, Private Collection
2016 “From Darwin to Freud”, CHINA SHANGHAI ART EXPO, Private Collection